Tuesday 20 January 2015

Lost My Mojo

I'm not feeling inspired. 

I go through this sometimes with my writing. When times are hard I have inspiration galore but as soon as things start to smooth out, I'm literally lost for words. 

A few years ago I started writing a book. It was all about my love life (sound familiar) and about the relationships I found myself falling into, or more often than not, falling out of. 

When I started dating my ex and I was content with the ways things were, it was all very laid back and casual to start with gradually morphing into something deeper; there was no real stress about it, well not that I remember, but the point is I stopped writing. 

Looking back I wonder if I stopped because I couldn't dramatise what was happening? If you're in love and happy, how can you describe that feeling without sounding like you're high on acid imagining butterflies, unicorns, rainbows and shit? 

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to write about it I wanted to shout it from the rooftops! "I've finally found a man I can be myself with and he loves me for it!" But it just sounded… silly. I couldn't make a story out of it because I didn't know where it was going - the story, not the relationship. 

Do they get married? Does she get pregnant? Is it a happy or sad ending? Will he cheat on her, or she cheats on him? I couldn't plan it because it was based on MY life and I just didn't know. 

So I started writing it here, in small digestible chunks and it was kind of exciting because you just never knew what was coming, I mean just check out the last few posts before the break up, I was blissfully unaware it was all about to go pete tong.  

Anyway, I'm whitening on now. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm trying but right now there's just nothing interesting to report. 

Over and out. 




No comments: