Monday 7 October 2013

Mucky Races?! Yeah, I did!

I did it!

And it wasn't as bad as I thought, although it took me a while to get round the course.

I had SO much fun and it's inspired me to continue running, I'm now aiming for my first half marathon. I'm heading up to my grandparents next weekend for a relaxing weekend and will attempt a 10 mile run. I've realised that as long as I'm not focused on a time, I can go the distance comfortably :)

The obstacles were a joke!

When I saw the plan for the course and I read 'trenches', I didn't think they were serious, but low and behold… massive mud dunes and deep muddy ponds, wading through a freezing lake, followed by more trenches and a mud pit that you have to pull yourself through using a rope?!

My body is tired, I've come down with a cold, but I feel absolutely amazing for having completed it. I worked hard to prepare myself for it and I definitely felt the benefits.


No comments: