Monday 27 January 2014

End Of The Road

So, we made it
It's been six whole months
Have we really changed?

I am confused,
Shouldn't things get better?
Yes, time passes
But the reasons it's over still matter.

Is my laughter really real,
Or have I found it's the only way?
Taking those deep breaths, in and out,
Denying things I still want to say.

Nobody wants to hear it any more, 
Because it seems enough time has passed.
I should just be over it all,
No longer allowed to feel so crushed.

You don't call or text,
I guess that says it all really.
My days and nights are still full of us,
But you're managing fine without me.

And that's normal I suppose,
I mean, you wanted it this way.
You want to find true love, that's not me I get it,
I just wish I felt the same.

So smile, be happy, move on, go date
That's what I should do.
And only ever cry, hidden, when I remember,
That all I ever wanted,
Was you.


No comments: