Monday 21 July 2014

A Year On: In Between The Lines

You receive a text from a boy.

It's not asking a question, in fact it's more of a statement, so you don't need to reply. It's complimentary and you're flattered, but despite what he's said his actions are contradictory.

What message do you go with?

Further to my Shut That Door post, I'm starting to feel a lot of resentment towards the men in my life that seem to want me to wait for when the timing is good and ready for THEM.

It's like that song by Loose Ends 'Hanging On A String' whose lyrics are:

I've waited oh so long for you to come to me
What did I do wrong? It's all a mystery to me

Baby I feel it too, What am I supposed to do?
Maybe I've just changed, Or could I be wrong for you?

You, you've got me hangin' on a string now
I'm not your plaything x2

You never told me you were waiting, contemplating
With my heart, my love x2

Do you mean to say that after all this time
I've waited like a fool, now who's been changin' you?

And that's my biggest fear.

Someone said to me recently that perhaps I'm attracting men at a crossroads because I'm at a crossroads. At a fork in the road. 

I think it's probably best for me to cut myself off. 




No comments: